Saturday 10 March 2018

A Little Bit Of Beatrix Potter















Good Morning bloggers, and A Happy Mother's Day for all you lovely ladies for tomorrow. As it's Saturday morning It's time for a new challenge today at Allsorts.
This week is our lovely Ellie's turn to host and she would like to see 'Fairy Tales or Nursery Rhymes'
Here are a few ideas to help with the challenge - 3 little pigs, the Tale of Peter Rabbit, Chicken Little, The Ugly Duckling, The Little Mermaid, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Tinkerbell, Hickory Dickery Dock, Ring Around the Rosies, Frog Princess...

I chose to go with my all time Author Beatrix Potter, I consider her a Pioneer of Women, I love how she did so much to preserve the countryside, battled to get her books published in the way she wanted, and stood up for herself in time that was ruled by men.
So I have done Hunca Munca from the book The Tale Of Two Bad Mice, I also thought it was an appropriate image for a Mother's Day card.  I kept it simple and the patterened paper and border at the top was made using a free embossing folder I have.


Don't forget to head over to Allsorts for all the details of this challenge, and to check out all the fabulous inspiration from my very talented team mates.

Here are the prizes on offer:-
   
From Bee Crafty

This is for the following challenges:-
1. Cute Card Thursday - #520 - Mothers
2. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #12 - Anything Goes
3. Crafty Creations - #361 - Anything Goes
4. Fab 'n' Funky - #384 - Mother's Day
5. I Love Promarkers - #354 - For A Girl
6. Simon Says Wednesday - Girl Power


Recipe:-
Stamps - Crafters Companion Beatrix Potter A Tale Of Two Bad Mice, Do Crafts sentiment, 
Papers - Nitwit - Promise, 
Colouring Mediums - Promarkers, Spectrum Noirs, 
Tools - Embossing Folder - magazine freebie, Tattered Lacedies - Rebecca
Embellishments - Brad, 


Thanks for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

12 comments:

Mervi said...

Just perfect image for Mother's day card, so beautiful;-))m

brenda said...

Yes, she was a great conservationist and not afraid to pursue her beliefs. It's a perfect card for you and like the CAS style as well.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Wendy L said...

Love it Tracy. Xxx

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card Tracy, so perfect for the theme!

Mummylade said...

I adore Beatrix Potter and all her images, perfect for this theme. Why didn't I think of that :)

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous creation Tracy and love your take on the theme, such a cute image and design.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous creation Tracy and love your take on the theme, such a cute image and design.

Kath x

Karen said...

Beautiful layout design, and the mice are adorable. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies

Unknown said...

Very sweet card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations! Ciao, Lisa

Lin said...

Oh, this made me smile! Love your thinking behind the design, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Furrbster said...

I love Beatrix Potter too - and this was one of my favourite stories, along with Jemima Puddleduck!

Thanks for creating for a girl with us over at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Lilibet said...

I love the Beatrix Potter stories. We had statues and crockery and also sorts when we were little! This card has brought back so many memories - Thank you!! Thanks for joining the challenge at I Love Promarkers and good luck, Liz (:(|)X